Events at a Glance
V T Thomas
- Retailing Management
- Retail Marketing Management
- Retail Store Operations
- Category Management
- Store Planning, Design & layout
- Event management
- 1978 : B.SC ( Physics) from South Gujarat University , Surat
- 1980 : M.B.A. ( Fulltime degree Course) from DBIM – South Gujarat University
Total of 27 years experience in various senior capacities in India and Dubai ( UAE) including eight years as a Management consultant for Automobile Dealerships and Big Retailers and as a Certified Retail Trainer, having conducted more than 300 hours of Training. Work experience was primarily in the Retail sector which includes the Automobile sector & Retail Finance sector. Worked for organizations like, Parle Exports Pvt. Ltd ( Thus Up, Limca ) Mothercare India Ltd., Al Futtaim Group Dubai, Apollo Studio & Stores – Dubai; Gujarat Lease Financing Ltd., Popular Vehicles & Services Ltd.,( Maruti dealership) , Peninsular Honda ( Honda Car Dealership ) ; Consultant to Tata , Maruti & Hyundai vehicle dealership and consultant and Trainer for leading Supermarket, Apparel, Books and Jewelery Retailers .
Currently writing a Book on " Retail Store Management' under MOU signed with Vikas Publications.
FDPs & Seminars
- January 2009; Attended 6 day FDP at IIM Kozhikode for 'Research Methods in Management'
- Sept 2007 : India International Retail Conference (IIRC) held in Mubai on 19th & 20th Sept.
- Sept 2007 : Retail Leadership Summit held at Tata Theatre Mumbai on 21st Sept.
- April 2007 : " Manning Modern Retail" – Retail Industry & Academia Interface, held at Hotel Renaissance Mumbai
- November 2006 : As panelist of Retail Tech show for SME retailers held at Avenue Centre Cochin.
- September 2006 : Train the Trainer programme 2 day session conducted by Retailers Association of India.at Mumbai
- August 2006: Efficient Store Operations ( ESOPs) 2 day programme conducted by Retailers Association of India at Chennai
Area of Expertise
- Facilitating the Study of Marketing , Retail Management and Event Management
- Imparting Training in Professional Retailing Skills
- Train the Trainer programmes
- Efficient Store Operations Management- Consultancy
- Preparing Standard Operations Procedure Manual ( SOP Manual)
- Towards Organised Retailing for SME's
- Retail Projects Planning and Execution