Events at a Glance
Dr. Soumendra Kumar Patra
Area:Decision Science & Operations Management
- Quantitative Methods-I (Business Statistics)
- Quantitative Methods-II (Operations Research)
- Operations Management
- Materials Management
- Service Operations Management
- Research Methodology
- Ph.D. (Management), Utkal University in the title "Development of Economic Order Quantity Models with Flexibility and Reliability Considerations".
- MCA, Fakir Mohan University, Balasore.
- MBA (Operations Management), IGNOU, New Delhi.
- LLB, Utkal University.
- Post Graduate (Applied Economics), Utkal University.
- Inventory Models
- Materials Management
- Market Research
- Six Sigma
- 8 years as an Assistant Professor in OM & Decision Science in Regional College of Management (Autonomous), Bhubaneswar (Nov' 2007 to Jan'2016).
- 1 year as a Lecturer and 1 year as an Assistant Professor in Centre for Management Studies (CMS-OEC), Bhubaneswar (Sep'2005 to Oct'2007).
- Part time Lecturer in Engineering Economics, Bhadrak College of Engineering & Technology, Bhadrak, (Aug. 1998 to April 2001).
- 2 years as a Quantity Surveyor and 2 years as a Procurement Officer in Hindustan Construction Company Ltd. (HCC), (Jun' 2001 to Aug' 2005), Mumbai.
- Worked as a Project Supervisor in Centre for Youth and Self Development (CYSD), (April 1998 to Aug.1998), Bhubaneswar.
- Research Analyst on Tourism Project of Indian Institute of Travel and Tourism Management (IITTM), Bhubaneswar.
- Associate Editor of Journal SIDDHANT A Journal of Decision Making, Regional College of Management (Autonomous), Bhubaneswar.
- Associate Editor of Journal Pezzottaite Journals Family', 64/2, Trikuta Nagar,K. K. Gupta Lane,Jammu Tawi,Jammu & Kashmir -180012,INDIA.
- Editorial Team Member SEDME (Small Enterprises Development, Management, Extension) Journal, Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India, Hyderabad.
- Editorial Team Member International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (IJESBM), Website: http://www.irphouse.com.
- Editorial Team Member International Journal of Business Management and Economics Research (IJBMER), Website: http://www.irphouse.com.
- Reviewer for the Asia-Pacific Finance and Accounting Review (AFAR) (ISSN: 2278-1838), AFAR is published by Asia-Pacific Institute of Management (AIM), a reputed business school situated in New Delhi, India.
- Patra, S. K. & Sarangi, D. R. (2015). 'Effect of Human Capital 0n Job Performance - A Study In Steel Industries of Odisha' published in Journal of Basic and Applied Research International, ISSN No. : 2395-3438 (Print), 2395-3446 (Online), Vol.: 14, Issue.: 3, U.K.
- Patra, S. K., Lenka, T & Ratha, P. C. (2015) 'A Time Dependent Order level Inventory Model for Beta Deterioration in Two' published by International Journal of Operations Research and Information's System (IJORIS), IGI Global 701 E, USA Vol. 6, Issue 2, pp.53 - 69, ISSN: 1947-9328.
- Patra, S. K. & Dash, P. K. (2015) 'Designing a Computational tool for Supplier Selection using Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP), published by International Journal of Mathematics in Operations Research (Inder Science), USA, 2014.
- Dash, A & Patra, S. K. (2014) 'Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction: An Empirical Investigation on Public Sector Banks in Odisha' published by Journal of Research in Marketing (JRM), Vol.2, Issue 1, Canada, Tech Mind Research, Pp 113-118, ISSN:2292-9355.
- Dash, A & Patra, S. K. (2013) 'Service Quality as a Key to Customer Satisfaction: an Assessment with Private Banks in Odisha', European Journal of Commerce and Management Research (EJCMR), Vol.2, Issue 11, Pp 247-252, Online: ISSN 2051-8099 Print: ISSN 2051-8080.
- Choudhury, D & Patra, S. K. (2013) 'David v/s Goliath: FDI/ Organized Retail v/s SME Segment in India' Dharohar, International Management Journal, Vol 2, Issue 1 & 2, Pp 1-12, ISSN: 2230 - 9357.
- Patra, S. K. & Sahoo, R. (2011) 'Key Determinants of Internet banking in India: an Exploratory Study' published by International Journal of Exclusive Management Research (IJEMR), Vol. 1, Issue 2, Print - ISSN 2249 - 8672, Online: 2249 - 2585.
- Patra, S. K. & Rathra, P. C. (2011) 'An Inventory Replenishment Policy for Deteriorating Items under Inflation in a Stock Dependent Consumption Market with Shortage' and published by International Journal of Transdisciplinary Research (IJTR), Vol. 6, No. 1, Pages 1-23, ISSN: 1559-8020.
- Patra, S. K. & Rathra, P. C. (2011) 'Two-warehouse inventory model for deteriorating items: a study with shortages under inflation and time value of money' published by International Journal of Services and Operations Management (IJSOM)- Inder Science, Vol.10, No.3, pp.316-327, ISSN Print: 1744-2370, Online: 1744-2389.
- Patra, S. K.(2010) "An order level inventory model for deteriorating items with partial backlog and partial lost sales" accepted and published by International Journal of Advanced Operations Management (IJAOM) - Inder Science, Vol. 2, Nos. ¾, pp.185-200, ISSN print: 1758-938X, online: 1758-9398.
- Patra, S. K. & Mishra, M (2010) 'Brand Personality Orientation to its Brand Loyalty: A Case Study on KILLER Brand' published by the AIUB Journal of Business and Economics, Bangladesh, Vol.9, No.2, pp.19-30, ISSN: 1683-8742.
- Patra, S. K., Bala, P. & Rathra, P. C. (2010) 'An Economic Order Quantity Model for Deteriorating Items with Increasing item Varying Demand and Cost' accepted and published by Journal of Modern Mathematics and Statistics (JMM&S) - Medwell Journals,Vol.4, Issue 2, Pp 63 - 67, ISSN : 1994-5388.
- Patra, S. K., Lenka, T & Ratha, P. C. (2010) 'An Order level EOQ Model for deteriorating items in a Single Warehouse System with Price Dependent Demand in Non-Linear (Quadratic) Form' published by - International Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics (IJCAM), Vol. 5 No. 3, pp. 277-288, ISSN: 1819-4966.
- Patra, S. K. & Sundaray, B.,(2015) 'Causes and Consequences of Occupational Stress: A Critical Analysis of the Selected Industries in Odisha' published in TD Journal ISTD, Vol.6, No.2, pp. , ISSN : 2231-0681(Print), Online: 2231-069X.
- Choudhury, M. & Patra, S. K. (2015) 'Stress Management in Public and Private Sector Banks: A Comparative Analysis' published in SIDDHANT A Journal of Decision Making, Vol.15, No.4, pp. 235 - 245, ISSN : 2231-0649, Online: 2231-0657.
- Sarangi, D. R. & Patra, S. K. (2015) ' A Study on Changing Work Environment in Manufacturing Industries and its Impact on Employees' Private Life and Productivity in Work Place' published in SIDDHANT A Journal of Decision Making, Vol.15, No.1, pp. 75 - 86, ISSN : 2231-0649, Online: 2231-0657.
- Patra, S. K. & Nath, S. C. (2014) 'Social Transformation through Social Entrepreneurship: An Explorative Study" Published in the IUP Journal of Entrepreneurship Development (IJED), Vol. XI, No.1, pp.7 -15, ISSN: 0973-2659.
- Sathpathy, R. & Patra, S. K. (2013), 'Corporate Social Responsibility in North Odisha Strengthening Multiple Stakeholder Relationships: A Field Experiement', Published in ANVESA (FM University), Vol. 8, No. 2.
- Dash, P. K., Patra, S. K. & Rajgopal, S. (2013) 'Evaluating the Effectiveness of "Internet Marketing" Techniques with Special Reference to Viral and Permissible Marketing of MSMEs, published in Sedme Journal of MSME, Hyderabad, Vol.40, No.2, pp.55-64, ISSN:0970-8464.
- Sunderay, B. & Patra, S. K (2012) 'Job Satisfaction among B-School Teachers: A Study in Private Management Institutions in Bhubaneswar' published in SIDDHANT A Journal of Decision Making, Vol.12, No.3, ISSN: 2231-0649, Online: 2231-0657.
- Girija & Patra, S. K (2012) 'Modeling Indian Stock Market Volatility: An Application of Univariate GARCH Models' published in Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics & Management, Vol.2, No.7, ISSN: 2249-7307.
- Patra, S. K & Nayak, S. (2012) 'Effect on Marital Counseling a Study on women's Attitude towards Marital Stability' published in The Management Page, Journal of RCEM, pp.58-62, ISSN: 2231 - 220X.
- Patra, S. K. & Mishra, M. (2012) 'Understanding the Intergenerational Transmission of Consumer Behaviour towards Mobile Service Provider - Issues and Challenges' published in SIDDHANT A Journal of decision making", Voll.11, No.3.
- Sahoo, R. & Patra, S. K. (2011) 'Essence of Tourism Marketing: A Study on Odisha' published in The Orissa Review, Vol. LXVIII, No.04, pp.52-57, ISSN: 0970-8669.
- Sahoo, R. & Patra, S. K. (2011) 'The Role of FDI in Economic Growth: A Study about Odisha' published in The Orissa Review Vol. LXVII no.11, pp.20 -23.
- Nath, S. C. & Patra, S. K. (2010) 'Cross - Cultural effects on Internet Buying Behaviour: an Empirical Study' published in the Icfai University Press (IUP) Journal of Systems Management (IJSM), Hyderabad, Vol. VIII, No. 3, pp. 7 - 30, ISSN: 0972-6896.
- Patra, S. K. & Nath, S. C. (2010) 'Better Work - Life Balance: a Strategic Business Issue" - Article published in "AIMA Journal of Management & Research" - An e-journal of AIMA, Vol.4, Issue ¼.
- Mohammad, M & Patra, S. K. (2009) 'A Model on Generation of Profit and the role of Money - A System Dynamics Approach' published in Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management, Vol.3, N0.6, pp. 12 - 15, ISSN: 0975-2854.
- Tripathy, S. & Patra, S. K. (2008) 'Geisler's Integrated Cost-Performance Model: A Footstep for Performance Measurement of R&D Towards Ethiopian Pharmaceutical Industries.-APF-A Case Study' SIDDHANT A Journal of Decision Making, Vol. 8, No.1, pp.10-22.
- Book Chapter title "The Role of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in Managing Supply Chain" published in edited book of "ICT and Social Science Research" published by Archers & Elevators Publishing House Bangalore - 560 090 India, ISBN: 978-93-85640-13-2.
- Book Chapter title "Impact of Ethics and Value Education integration in B-School Curriculum: An exploratory study" published in edited book of "International Perspectives on Comparative Education Policy" published by Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kashipur. BLOOMSBURY PUBLISHING INDIA PVT. LTD. New Delhi, India, ISBN: 978-93-84898-82-3.
- Majhi, P. R., Patra, S. K. (2009) "Enterprise Resource Planning: A Prospective to New Industrial Business, published in edited book - Service Centric Strategy & Market Dynamics, 978-81-8457-107-3, pp.278.
- 'Computerised System as a Strategic Marketing tool for effectiveness of Small and Medium Enterprises in Odisha' presented in International conference on "Big Data and Analytics for Business" in New Delhi (India), 28 - 29 December 2014.
- 'Social Entrepreneurship through Social Transformation' presented in J. L. Batra Best Research Paper award in AIMS - 2013 convention, in Bharatiya Vidyapeeth, Navi Mumbai, August - 2013.
- 'Small Entrepreneurs: Origin and Growth' presented in the two-days National Seminar on "Entrepreneurship: Innovations and Strategy" sponsored by AICTE, Govt. of India, New Delhi held at RCEM, Bhubaneswar on 26th & 27th June 2011.
- 'Internet Banking' Presented in the "National Management Convention" held during March 3 - 5, 2011 at School of Management, KiiT University, Bhubaneswar.
- 'Effectiveness of Computerized System as a Strategic Marketing Tool in SMEs of Odisha' presented in UGC sponsored National Seminar "Strategic Marketing for Sustainable Entrepreneurship" conducted by P. G. Department of Commerce, 5 - 6 March.2011.
- 'An Investigation of Consumer behaviour towards Mobile Service Provider' presented in International Conference on Innovative Strategies for Value Creation and Management, 10th - 11th, Dec. 2010, R.V. Institute of Management (RVIM), Bangalore.
- 'A Survey on KILLER's Brand Personality Orientation to its Brand Loyalty" International Conference on Innovative Strategies for Value Creation and Management, 10th - 11th, Dec. 2010, R.V. Institute of Management (RVIM), Bangalore.
- 'Better Work - Life Balance: a Strategic Business Issue'- Article published (and presented) in "AIMA Journal of Management & Research" - An e-journal of AIMA, Article No: 184, ISSN 0974 - 9497, year Beb.2010, Vol.4, Issue ¼.
- 'Cross Cultural Dimensions & Directions of Internet Buying Behaviour - Effects of Perceived Risks, Motivations and Usage Pattern' Paper presented in the International Seminar at Pokhra University, Nepal on 3rd April 2010.
- "An Order level Inventory Model for Deteriorating with Partial Backlog and Partial Lost Sales" in the fourth National Conference on Management Science and Practice (MSP - Feb.2009) at IIM Ahmadabad.
- 'A Topic on Management Information System in SSIs', Presented in the National Seminar on Business Ethics and Corporate Governance held at International School of Business Management (ISBM) on February 2009.
- 'Enterprise Resource Planning: A Prospective to new industrial Business', Accepted and presented in the International Seminar on Management Colloquium-2008 in DRIEMS, at Hotel Presidency on 29th April, 2008.
- 'A Framework of Supply to Demand Chain Management in Today's Operations', Accepted and Presented in the National Seminar on Structural changes in Market Dynamics at RCEM sponsored by AICTE, Bhubaneswar on 3rd May,2008.
- 'Key Derivers of Supply Chain Management', Presented in the National Management Seminar on Technology & Innovation as a Source of Sustainable Competitive Advantage at Dhaneswar Rath Institute of Engineering & Management Studies (DRIEMS),Bhubaneswar 10th March 2007.
- Quality Improvement Programme (QIP) on "Educational Research: Tools and Techniques" organized by CET, IIT, Kharagpur from 16th of June to 2nd of July 2015.
- Quality Improvement Programme on "Data Analytics with R-software" Organized by VGSOM, IIT, Kharagpur from 17th of August to 24th August 2014.
- Attended the orientation programme on "Research Methodology" during February 10 - 14, 2014 sponsored by Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), New Delhi.
- Participated in one day work shop on "Lean and Six Sigma Workshop" organized by Regional College of Management, Autonomous with LASSIB SOCIETY, Hydrabad on 27th July, 2013.
- Quality Improvement Programme "Service Science" Organized by IIT, Kharagpur from 8th of July to 12th July 2013 by Department of Industrial Engineering and Management.
- Participated in the National Seminar on the topic "Strategic Measures for Economic Sustainability and Innovations" sponsored by the AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India held on 18th May, 2013 at Kushagra Institute of Information and Management Science (KIIMS) Cuttack, Odisha.
- Faculty Development Programme on "Case Method of Teaching", Conducted by International Management Institute (IMI) from 7th to 8th December, 2012, Bhubaneswar.
- MDP on "Spirituality for Performance Excellence" organized by RCMA, Bhubaneswar held on 6th -7th October, 2012.
- FDP on "Learn to Teach and Teach to Learn" organized by ISTD Odisha Chapter in association with RCMA, Bhubaneswar on 17th April, 2012.
- Workshop on "Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) concepts and Applications" Organised by IBS, Hyderabad, 8-11Oct. 2012.
- Workshop on "Optimisation Methods, Risk Analysis & New Analytics" Applications in Finance" organized by IIM Kolkatta, Brunel University, London, from 14th to 17th March 2012 at IIM Kolkatta.
- Quality Improvement Programme "Decision Modeling in Facility Planning" Organized by IIT, Kharagpur from 2nd of July to 8th July 2011 by Department of Industrial Engineering and Management.
- National Conference on "Leveraging HR for Global Competitiveness" organized by ISTD, Bhubaneswar Chapter & RCMA, Bhubaneswar on 23rd April, 2011.
- Faculty Development Programme on "Recent Development in Teaching, Training and Research in Canadian B- Schools" organized by Regional College of Management, Bhubaneswar on 13th February, 2010.
- FDP on "Data Analysis for Management Research", Sponsored by AICTE/ MHRD, organized by IIM Kozhikode, 11th - 16th, May 2009.
- MDP on "Designing and Managing the Supply chain", at Mayfair, Bhubaneswar, Sponsored by iiPM - School of Management., July 2009.
- FDP on "Statistical Modelling and Data Analysis (SMDA)", Sponsored by AICTE/ MHRD, organized by VGSOM at IIT, Kharagpur, June 30 - July 13, 2008.
- Training/ workshop on "Case Development and Case Writing", at RCM, on August 2009.
- National Workshop on "Quantitative Applications on Managerial Economics" sponsored by BPUT, conducted by VGSOM - IIT, June 2008.
- National Workshop on "Leading India in Management Education (LIME)" sponsored by AIMA, conducted by RCM, Bhubaneswar, June 2008.
- National Workshop on "Development of Learning Module", conducted by FM University, Sponsored by IGNOU & FM University in December 2007.
- FDP on "Service Marketing: Contemporary Topics in Academics" sponsored by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, govt. of India at Institute of Management & Information Science (IMIS) May 2007.
- FDP on "Emerging Trends in Management", Sponsored by AICTE", AMS, Bhubaneswar, 26th June to 8th July 2006.
- Training cum Workshop for Case Development, sponsored by Orissa Management College Association (OMCA), at IBCS, Bhubaneswar, August 2006.
- FDP on "Academic Excellence in Management" Sponsored by AICTE, by Academy of Management Studies (AMS), Bhubaneswar, July 2006.
- UGC Sponsored Refresher/ Orientation Course "Innovation & Recent Trends in Management education" conducted by Academic Staff College, Utkal University. From 22st Nov. to 13th Dec.2011.
- UGC Sponsored Refresher/ Orientation Course "Changing Dimension of Business education" conducted by Academic Staff College, Utkal University. From 21st Feb. to 13th March.2011.
RESEARCH / PROJECT
- Minor Research Project entitled 'The Impact of Information Technology (IT) on Small and Medium Enterprises in Odisha' Vide UGC letter No. F. PHO - 065/ 11 - 12 (ERO) dated 02.08.2011 & 08.08.2011.
- Data analysis and interpretation consultant for the study on "Functioning of Tourist Police in States/UTs and Documentation of Best Practices" funded by Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India. The value of the project is 42,06,000 rupees.
- Data analysis and interpretation consultant for the study on "Perceptions and Image Attributes of Tourists towards Rural Tourism: A Study on Pipli Village of Odisha" funded by Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India. The value of the project is 12,42,000 rupees.
- Book on "Corporate Social Responsibility and Public Relations: Perceptions, Practice and its Impact" published by Lambert Academic Publishing, ISBN: 978-3-659-77232-0, Germany.
- Book on "Operations Management Text and Cases"- Himalaya Publishing House, ISBN: 978-93-5051-628-7, Mumbai.
- Book on "Business Statistics"- Himalaya Publishing House, ISBN: 978-93-5051-801-5, Mumbai.
- Study Material on "Managerial Economics" by NICE sponsored by Sambalpur University.
MEMBER OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Member of ORSI- 0816/S/09/ML
- Life Member of Odisha Commerce Association
- BPUT Registration Number- T086424701
- Social Work