Events at a Glance
Area: HR and Communication
- Business Communication
- Organisational Behaviour
- Human Resources Management in Retail
- Performance Management
Education & Experience
- Is a Ph.D (2007) from Utkal university who has researched on Interpersonal Communication, holds Post Graduate Diploma in HRD (1999), and Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication (2002) and is a B.Ed. from Regional Institute of Education (1996).
- Has 2 years of experience in a Software Company (Panlink Infoway) and 11 years of teaching experience both as visiting and regular faculty.
- Code-mixing and Code-switching
- Multicultural communication
- Corporate Communication
Publications in Journals
- A Forward Looking Business Communication Course for B-Schools", PRATIBIMB- Management Journal, Vol. 1, 2, (2001).
- "An 'Open Eye and Ear' Approach to Managerial Communication", VISION-The Journal of Business Perspective. Vol. 10, 2, (2006).
- "Performance Oriented Interventions and Competencies Thereof", SHRAM SARATHI- The NALCO Journal, (Jointly authored), (2007).
A Chapter in a Book
- "Human Competence in Integrated Performance Management System- Looking Beyond Performance Measurement", Enhancing Enterprise Competitiveness. Prashant Gupta Rajesh Kumar Jain & Upinder Dhar (Eds.) Mumbai: Allied Publishers Pvt. Ltd. (2007).
- "Code-Mixing to Influence Customers- Kamaal ka Corporate Andaaz!" Management Communication: Trends and Strategies. A. Kaul & SK Gupta (Eds). New Delhi: Tata McGraw-Hill (2006, Paper presented at the Sixth Asia Pacific ABC Conference on Management Communication, IIMA, December 14-16, 2006
Seminars, Conferences and Workshop Presentations
- National Seminar in IIM Ahemdabad during All India B-School Seminar for business communication teachers in 2001.
- National Seminar conducted by NIPM and ICFAI B-School 2006.
- National Seminar conducted by Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES), CWS and NISWASS 2006.
- National seminar on Communication at LBSIM, New Delhi 2006.
- International Asia Pacific ABC conference in IIM, Ahemadabad 2006.
- International Conference, NIRMA University 2007.
- International Conference, SoLLs Intec, 2007, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
- Asia CALL International Conference, in IIM, Indore, 2007.
- International Conference at University of Thai Chamber of Commerce, Bangkok, 2008.
FDPs & MDPs
- National Aluminium Company Limited
Communication Skills for Executives
Customer Relationship Management
- Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages Limited
Assertiveness and Presentation Skills
Advanced Communication Skills for Managers
Initiation and Confidence Building
- Reliance Telecom (Now under ADAG)
Consultancy, Training and Personal Counselling to improve Communicative Competence among Call Centre and Customer Care Executives
Vocal Stress Management
- Orissa Tourism Development Corporation & Department of Tourism (for Price Water-House Coopers)
Advanced Communication Skills
Communicating for Selling and Negotiation
- United Nations Development Programme
Written Communication and Documentation
- Orissa Mining Corporation
Communication skills for Managers
Leadership and Team building skills for managers
- CREW (P) Ltd.
Communication and Decision Making for Senior Managers
- Conducted a session on Communication in Management Development Programme for employees of Ortel Communication, Mayfair Chain of Hotels, Airtel, HPCL and so on.
Policy and Strategy Planning Unit, Govt. of Orissa
- Rendered consultancy on HR issues in the Health sector
- Prepared and compiled HR chapter for NRHM compendium
- Organised a workshop for the members of PSPU to sensitize them on HR issues
- Conducted a sample health study to evaluate the ongoing health programmes