Events at a Glance
- Marketing – I & II
- Channel Management
- Services Marketing
- Business-to-Business Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Is a B.Sc. (Mathematics), 1987 and MBA (Marketing), 1989 from Utkal University. Qualified UGC-NET examination conducted in June 1998 and is eligible for lectureship in the field of ‘Management’.)
- Prior to joining regular academics have worked a total of 7 years in Bennett. Coleman & Co. Ltd. (The Times of India Group), Wipro Information Technology Limited, NIIT Ltd. and Ganapaty Exports Limited
- Consideration Sets
Publications in Journals
- “Conjoint Analysis in Developing New Tourism Products.” Published in edited book: “Economic Reforms and Indian Tourism Sector” by Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Management, Ministry of Tourism, GOI, Year: 2000,
- “Consideration Sets and the WWW” published in the edited book “Marketing: New Dimensions and Challenges” by Department of Business Administration, Utkal University, Year: 2001
- “An Alternative Method for Developing New Tourism Products,” Journal: Siddhant, Year: 2001, Keywords: Conjoint Analysis; New product development; Tourism.
- “Consideration Sets and Marketing Related Information Search in the WWW” accepted for publication in the edited book “Marketing in South Asia”, 2002,
- “Indian Retailing: A Metamorphosis.” published in the journal “OEC-CME Review.”, 2003
- “Use of Phonetics in Creating Hawking Brands” is published in the Journal of Business, 2004
- “A Value Added Organizational Knowledge Framework for Better Decisions Under Wicked Environments” published in ICFAI Journal of Knowledge management, 2005
- “Entrepreneurial Seriousness amid Small Businesses in Orissa” published in ICFAI Journal of Entrepreneurshipt, 2006
Publications in Others
- "Is TV a Threat to Print" published in conference souvenir "Media 95"
- "Business Networking: A Successful Tool" published by IMIS Newsline.
- “Media Bargains and the Emergence of AOR" published in Dishera - the inhouse journal of NCEM.
- “Sales Promotion: When all do it in a given Product Category" published in the annual day souvenir of Hindusthan College Engineering & Management.
- “Achieving Excellence in Services: The Service Level and Consumer Expectation Tradeoff" published in
- "Newsline" of Institute of Management & Information Science, Bhubaneswar
- “Consideration and Choice of Previous Brand in Durables Market,” Keywords: Consideration Sets, Brand Choice, Previous Brand, and Durables.
- “Consideration and Choice of Previous brand in Multi-unit Purchases,” Keywords: Consideration Sets, Brand Choice, Previous Brand, and Multi-unit Purchase.
- “Review of Consideration Sets and Future Research Possibilities,” A review paper.
- “An Alternative Conceptualization of Consideration Sets as Fuzzy Sets,” A conceptual framework.
- “Service Assessment and Dynamics of Consideration Set Composition Over Multiple Occasions,” Keywords: Consideration Sets, Multiple Occasions and Service Assessment.
- “Antecedents to Category Consideration in Store Purchase Behavior,” Keywords: Category Consideration, Category Choice, Category Mix Decision, and Retailing.
- “Context Effects on Category Choice Under Non-comparable Choice Situations,” Keywords: Category Choice, Non-comparable choice, Multi-alternative choice and Experimentation.
- “Effect of Perceived Local Advertising Costs on Retail Store Perception,” Keywords: Advertising Cost Perception, Brand Perception, Service Quality, Retail Store Perception and Motivation to Shop.
Cases & Book Review
- “Maa Bank,” a case developed on success stories of NGOs at Orissa
- “IMIS: a strategic profile,” a case developed on strategic issues on a relatively new business school, for the strategic planning meeting at IMIS
- “The Cable Line Extension” a case demonstrating decisions on Brand Extension of a cable TV company.
Distribution Network Management of Bikali Kar Sweets Retailing Chain in Orissa
- “Does the Customer want Customer Service?” is a case under preparation that tries to compare and contrast two supermarket chains: Food World and Suviksha
- Review Published in journal: Pratibimba, Book: Knowledge Management: Enabling Business Growth,” Authors: Ganesh Natarajan and Sandhya Shekhar, Published by: Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Ltd., New Delhi, Year: 2000, ISBN 0-07-463770-3.
Seminars, Conferences and Workshop Presentations
- Presented a paper on “Is TV a threat to Print?” in the national conference “Media 95” organized by Institute of Media and Management Studies, Bhubaneswar
- Key note Address in seminar on “Strategies for Successful Business Networking” organized by Institute of Management & Information Science, Bhubaneswar
- Presented a paper “Bargaining Media: Where it takes you!” in the national conference “Media 96” by Institute of Media and Management Studies, Bhubaneswar
- Keynote address in the national seminar “Achieving Excellence in Services” organized by Institute of Management & Information Science, Bhubaneswar
- “Conjoint Analysis in Developing New Tourism Products.” Paper presented in the National Conference: “Economic Reforms and Indian Tourism Sector” organized by Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Management, Ministry of Tourism, GOI, Year: 2000
- “Consideration Sets and the WWW.” Paper presented in the National Conference: “Marketing: New Dimensions and Challenges” organized by Department of Business Administration, Utkal University, Year: 2001
Keynote address in the workshop “Marketing Trend Watch 2000: Sales Promotion” conducted by IMIS, Bhubaneswar, Year 2000
- Presented a paper in the national seminar at CMS-OEC on Emerging Trends in Marketing, 2003
“Entrepreneurial Seriousness amid small Businesses of Orissa” accepted and published in the International Conference at Lahore, Pakistan organized by South Asian Management Association, 2004
- Invited by Industries Department, Government of Orissa to Speak on Entrepreneurship, Year 2002.
Invited by All India Radio to Speak on “Radio Research” for Program Executives of the whole eastern India, Year 2003.
- Invited by All India Radio to speak on “How to conduct Radio Research for Transmission Executives from all parts of India, Year 2004.
- Invited by the Post Graduate Department of Psychology, Utkal University to deliver a talk on “Research in Consumer Behavior” for UG College Faculties under the university, Year 2004.
- Invited by All India Radio to Speak on “Research for Successful Radio Content Development” for PEX & TREX working in different parts of India, Year 2005.
- Invited by the Post Graduate Department of PMIR, Utkal University to speak on “Marketing and HR interface”, Year 2006.
- Invited to the Post Graduate Department of Commerce, Utkal University to deliver the Keynote Address on “Entrepreneurship and marketing Infrastructure Development”, Year 2006.
- ... And is invited by numerous institutes and bodies to speak to students and working executives on various topics of Marketing.
FDPs & MDPs
- Conducted a Faculty Development Program on “Research Methodology” for teachers of IHMs working under the National Council of Hotel Management Education drawn from 21 IHMs situated in different parts of the country, Year 2004
- Taken Special Sessions in the faculty development program organized by Institute for Business and Computer Studies, Bhubaneswar in the area of Research Methodology, Year 2005
- Conducted an in-house faculty development program on “Research Methodology” for the faculties of Institute of Management & Information Science, Bhubaneswar, Year 2005
- Conducted a Faculty Development Program on “Delivering Marketing Courses at a Post Graduate Level” for Faculties of different B-Schools and Universities of Orissa, Year 2006.
- Conducted an Executive Development Program on "Customer Service Excellence" for the frontline Executives of Services Industries of Orissa, Year 2006.
- A series of in-company programs conducted for Department of Tourism & OTDC on behalf of PWC, a DFID sponsored project, 2008
- In-Company Training Programs for the liquor division of IFB Agro Industries, 2009
Small Business Consulting
- Designing and Implementing the total Promotional Program and Marketing Plan for Jurassic Health Club, Bhubaneswar, Year 1999.
- Anchoring the Handicraft Promotions for an NGO - National Consortium for Reconstruction and Development in the area of “Patta Paintings”, Year 1995.
- Consulting for innovative packaging design for a New Product (Pan Masala) for a Agarbatti manufacturer situated at Bhubaneswar, Year 2001
- Product Development, Market Penetration, Revenue Model Design, Selling Process consulting for the first classified free advertising newspaper from Bhubaneswar “Free Edge”, Year 2005.
- Development of Business and Revenue model for the Centre for Development of Modern Sports to set up and run an international level of sports centre at Bhubaneswar, Year 2005.
- Designing tangibles, service process, promotions for a Multi Cuisine Restaurant “The Zaika” at Bhubaneswar, Year 2006.
Industry Sponsored Research
- Worked as Principal Investigator in a ‘Customer Expectation Survey’ for ‘Hyundai Santro’ at Bhubaneswar sponsored by the company, Year 1999.
- Was the Principal Investigator in a study of “Feasibility of Budget Hotels in Greater Bhubaneswar,” sponsored by the Sandy Resorts Group, Bhubaneswar, Year 2001
- Worked as a Co-Investigator in a survey of Liquor Distribution Practices at Bhubaneswar sponsored by an existing distributor, Year 2002.
- Worked as Principal Investigator for an exploratory marketing study of retailers for ‘Bottled Mineral Water’ at Bhubaneswar sponsored by a local business house, Year 2002.
- Worked as Principal Investigator on a field survey project on the distributor network of Berger Paints in Bhubaneswar, Year 2005.