Events at a Glance
Dr. Debasmita Panigrahi
Assistant Professor (HRM & OB)
- Organisation Behaviour
- Labour Legislation
- Human Resource Management
- Performance Management
- Compensation Management
- PhD ( Personnel Management), Utkal University on the topic “ Pension System in India: Problems and Prospects”.
- MPMIR (Masters in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations) ,Dept of PMIR, Utkal University.
- B.Com with Accountancy Honors , BJB College.
- Work life Balance
- Identity and Self
- Emotional Intelligence
- Employment Legislation
- Employee Motivation
- Pension Reforms
- 2 years as Visiting Faculty in the area of Performance Management and Competency Mapping at FABs Bhubaneswar. Also worked in a UGC sponsored project on “ Pension reforms in India” (May 2014 – May 2016)
- 3 years teaching experience as Faculty MBA (HR) at College for IT and Management Education (CIME), a constituent college of BPUT (Feb 2011 – May 2014)
- 2 years teaching experience as Assistant Professor (HR & OB) at IMIS (Oct 2007 – Dec 2009)
- 3 years Research experience as Junior Project Assistant (JPA) at VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur in a project entitled “Management of Pension obligations of IIT Kharagpur” sponsored by SRIC (Aug 2004 – Aug 2007)
International and National Journals
- D.Panigrahi & B.N.Mishra (2015) “Occupational Pensions and its impact on Industrial Relations, Industrial Relations in Liberalised India, RP Publication.
- D.Panigrahi & B.N.Mishra (2014) “The New Pension Scheme- Its implications for the unorganised sector”,International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research (IJMER), Issue 4, Vol 3.
- D.Panigrahi & B.N.Mishra (2014), "Investor’s suitability for opting voluntary pension plans - using AHP model” (IJCR), Volume 6, Issue 3.
- D. Panigrahi, R.Gupta & P. Rajib (2008), “State’s Underfunding of Pension in India” Journal of Public Finance, Vol VI, No2, pp 7- 20.
- D.Panigrahi & B.N.Mishra (2016), “New Pension Scheme- A boon for Skill Development Initiatives in India organized by the School of Management Studies, Ravenshaw University.
- D.Panigrahi & B.N.Mishra (2014), “ Pension as social security measure in enhancing human relations in industry" Human relations in industry: Issues and Challenges, Dept of PMIR, Utkal University
- D.Panigrahi & B.N.Mishra (2014) “NPS and its implications on employees”, All India CA Conference (Towards New Frontiers: Opportunities and Challenges).
- D. Panigrahi, & P. Rajib (2006) “Pension initiative in India: Issues and Challenges” NICOM International conference organized by Nirma University.
- D. Panigrahi, & P. Rajib (2005) “A comparative study on pension reforms in developing countries” International Conference on Globalization and Competitiveness , Vinod Gupta School of Management in collaboration with AIB at IIT Kharagpur.
- Participated in the Faculty Development Program on “Theory and Practice of Industrial and Labour law” organized by the Dept. of PMIR from 16th to 22nd April at Utkal University.
- Participated in the Faculty Development Programme on “Data Analysis using SPSS” conducted jointly with SPSS South Asia Pvt Ltd at CIME, Bhubaneswar (From Dec 5th- 6th 2011)
- Participated in the winter school on Competency Mapping and Feedback organized by Dept of HSS, IIT Kharagpur (from Dec 14th- 20th 2009).
ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS
- Gold Medalist in the Master’s program (Master’s in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations), Utkal University
- Craft and Interior Designing