Events at a Glance
Dr. Manas Ku. Pal
Area: Decision Science & OM
- Quantitative Methods-I(Business Statistics)
- Quantitative Methods-II(Operations Research)
- Operations Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Research Methodology
- PhD(Statistics),Sambalpur University in the title "Some Properties of Random Equations & their Applications to Linear Programming Problems".
- M.Phil(Statistics),Sambalpur University
- Post Graduate(Statistics),Utkal University.
- Diploma in Computer programming & Applications, OUAT Bhubaneswar
- Stochastic Programming
- Market Research
- Rural Development
- Statistical Quality Control
- 10 years as a Lecturer in Statistics, NAC College Burla (1995 April to 2005 March)
- Part time Lecturer in Statistics, P.G Department of Statistics, Sambalpur University.(2001 April to 2005 March)
- 5 Years in ICFAI National College (2005 March to 2010 April) as a faculty member and Campus Coordinator for MBA students
- Controller of examinations cum Coordinator, Academics in IIMT Bhubaneswar(2010 June-2010 March)
- Associate Professor in QT & Operations in RCM(Autonomous), Bhubaneswar (2011 March - 2012 January)
- IMIS, Bhubaneswar (2012 February onwards.) as Associate Professor in Decision science & OM
- Organize an MDP on "Effective selling skills and Customer Relationship Management" for the the Marketing Executives of the Postal Department, Odisha Circle at Regional College of Management(Autonomous) from 20th September 2011-21st September 2011.
- Paper published in the Proceedings of Conferences titled " The expected number of maxima of a random algebraic polynomial "in the International conference IISA-ISPS 2010 from 4th - 8th January 2010, organized by Department of Statistics, Andhra University.
- Paper published in the Proceedings of Conferences titled "Probabilistic Linear Programming with Cauchy Random Variables" in International Conference on Development and Applications of Statistics in Emerging Areas of Science and Technology (ICDASEAST) from 8th- 10th December, 2010 organized by Department Statistics, University of Jammu.
- Paper Presented & published in the Proceedings of Conferences titled "Probabilistic Linear Programming with Cauchy random variables" in International Conference on Frontiers of Interface between Statistics and Sciences from 30th December, 2009 - 2nd January, 2010, organized by C R Rao Advanced Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, University of Hyderabad Campus.
- Paper Presented & published in the Proceedings of Conferences titled "Exceedance Measure of a Class of Random Algebraic Polynomials" in National Conference on Recent trends in Industrial Mathematics (RTIM-09) from 24th -25th October, 2009, organized by Synergy Institute of Engineering & Technology, Dhenkanal.
- 99th Indian Science Congress held at KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, from 3rd January to 7th January 2012.
- 23rd AIMS Annual Management Education convention 2011 from 25th August to 27th August 2011, organized by RCMA, BBSSR in association with AIMS.
- Faculty Development Program on Higher Education in India: Challenges & Issues on 11th May 2011, organized by Everon's IIPS, Cuttack Campus.
- National Conference on Leveraging HR for Global Competitiveness on 23rd April, 2011, organized by ISTD in association with Regional College of Management & AIMS.
- International Conference on Uncertainty Management in Green-field projects(ICUM) on 22nd -23rd January, 2011, organized by IIMT Bhubaneswar.
- International Joint Conference on Information and Communication Technology(IJCICT ) on 8th -9th January, 2011, organized by IIMT Bhubaneswar.
- International Conference on Entrepreneurship Retention (ICER) on 18th - 19th December, 2010,organized by IIMT Bhubaneswar.
- Faculty Development Program on Effective Classroom Teaching and Challenges to Contemporary Education System on 4th July 2010, organized by Everon's IIPS, Cuttack Campus.
- EDUNXT Level-1 Certificate on April' 2010, organized by Sikkim Manipal University.
- International Conference on Frontiers of Interface between Statistics and Sciences from 30th - 2nd January, 2010, organized by University of Hyderabad.
- International Workshop on Advanced Statistical and Computational Methodologies from 28th - 31st January 2009 organized by Department of Statistics, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
- Faculty Development Workshop on "Online Examination System" on 14th May 2007, organized by ICFAI ZO Kolkata.
- Faculty Development Workshop on Operation Workouts and Live Projects on 12th February 2007 conducted by ICFAI at Kolkata, Regional Center, organized by ICFAI University.
- Faculty Development Program in February 2006 conducted by ICFAI at Kolkata, Regional Center, organized by ICFAI University.
- Faculty Development Program in May' 2006 conducted by ICFAI(HQ) at Hyderabad, organized by ICFAI University.
- 33rd Annual Conference on 4th -5th February, 2006, conducted by Orissa Mathematical Society in association with Department of Statistics, Sambalpur University.
- Trainers' Training on AIDS Awareness under Universities Talk AIDS- Phase-II at OUAT Bhubaneswar from 7th - 9th September, 2001, organized by Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.
- Zonal Trainers' Training Workshop on Universities Talk Aids- Phase-II at Kotagiri, Tamilnadu, from 29th - 31st May, 2001, organized by Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.
- Refresher Course of the NSS at IIT Kharagpur from 23rd- 27th September, 2001, organized by Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.
- Orientation Course of the NSS at Ramakrishna Mission Lokasikha Parishad from 11th - 20th September, 1998, organized by Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.
- XVIII Annual Conference of Indian Society for Probability & Statistics and National Seminar on Probability and Analysis, on 27th - 30th January, 1998, organized by Department of Statistics, Sambalpur University.
- Conference on Decision making models & their applications on 20th -21st December, 1997, organized by Department of Statistics, Utkal University.
RESEARCH / PROJECT
- A Study of Growing Complexities in Indian Life Insurance Market (A case study of Indian Life Insurance Industries 2006)
- Customer satisfaction study for retail & consumer DO's , Air fuel stations of Indian Oil Corporation Limited by Marketing Research & Consultancy.
- Dealership Assessment Study of the Hyundai Showrooms at Sambalpur by Marketing Research & Consultancy
- Management Science / Himalaya Publishing House/ ISBN: 978-93-5051-759-8
MEMBER OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Life member of The Indian Science Congress Association
- Life member of DIGANTIKA
- Social Work
- Art & Craft